I know how hard it is to find the perfect trouser. A trouser that's stylish, wearable and flattering. In fact, it was during my quest to find the perfect pair of trousers that the idea for Distinctively Me came about.
I recently conducted an online survey on clothes, body shape and sizing. The results were staggering. Only 7% of women can find the perfect fit when it comes to trousers. The rest of us struggle, make do or give up. But why? Why should women struggle to find something as simple as a great pair of trousers?
Over the last few years I've listened to the frustrations women come up against when looking for trousers and I really believe I've addressed them with my made to measure designs.
When it comes to design, style, and comfort women want:
HOW DISTINCTIVELY ME TROUSERS ARE DESIGNED TO FLATTER
I've created stylish and wearable trousers that are cut to flatter all shapes and sizes. My trousers, available in cigarette, straight and kick-flare, are made to fit women's bodies so whatever shape you are, I've got a style that will flatter. But how does Distinctively Me create a flattering fit for every woman?
1. We offer a free consultation so that we can advise you on the most flattering style for your body shape. Working with our tailor John, together we'll find the trouser style for you.
2. We create Size Me, exclusively for you. Our "Size Me" labelling has truly resonated with our customers and the stylists and bloggers we work with. Why should any woman feel bad about the shape of their bodies? We are all perfectly unique and so should our clothes be. So we've ditched clothes sizes in favour of your own unique size. That's the secret of made to measure!
3. We remove excess bulk to streamline the silhouette. Zips are on the side and waist bands are simple. Our waistbands sit perfectly at the navel for total comfort and the perfect style.
4. We give you a choice of whether you have pockets or not. We believe pockets add bulk if they are on the side so we offer "fake" pockets on the back if you like to break up the line of the trouser from the back.
5. We have a vent at the trouser hem on the cigarette trouser which means they can open over shoes or trainers and make the leg appear longer.
6. Our styles are simple not only to ensure that they're timeless but to create a simple and flattering silhouette. We avoid pleats, as not only do they go in and out of fashion, but why also add unnecessary bulk to the waist and hips?
7. We don't ask you to measure yourself, or ask you to just take waist, hip and leg length measurements. It is amazing how unique each body is and it's far more involved than 3 simple measurements. We measure thigh, calf, rise - if any one of these doesn't fit perfectly the whole trouser fit looks wrong. It's also amazing how many of us have different length legs!
8. Our fabrics work hand in hand with the cut. Almost all of our fabrics are sourced in the UK (we like to support other UK brands!) and we never skimp on fabric. Poor quality fabric gives the game away so our fabrics not only look great but they feel comfortable to wear. We select fabrics that drape beautifully and some of our fabrics can even be popped in the washing machine. Perfect when our customers tell us they wear them day in day out!
Our made to measure trousers have three main elements; quality, style and the perfect fit - all working together to make women feel fabulous whatever their shape and size.
Seeing the joy on a customer's face when they wear their perfectly tailored trousers is what Distinctively Me is all about. The clothes, made from the highest quality fabrics, are incredible, yes. But it's the women I work with, who are empowered and confident wearing Distinctively Me pieces, who really matter.